Big 12 lunch links: Aggies still UT's No. 1 rival?
November, 24, 2009
By Tim Griffin | ESPN.com
Here are some quick appetizers for our Big 12 holiday football feast that starts on Thursday night. These nibbles will get you ready for a huge spread of meaningful games later this weekend.
- The Austin American-Statesman’s Kirk Bohls wonders if the Texas-Texas A&M rivalry has cooled in recent seasons as other South Division teams become better than the Aggies.
- But Texas A&M quarterback Jerrod Johnson tells the San Antonio Express-News’ Brent Zwerneman that his team’s game with Texas is more meaningful to him than other.
- The Tulsa World’s Dave Sittler writes about the similar challenges faced by Oklahoma and Oklahoma State this season.
- Mike Leach explains to the Topeka Capital-Journal’s Kevin Haskin why former Kansas linebacker Nick Reid is his football idol.
- The Tulsa World’s Bill Haisten spells out Oklahoma State's legitimate BCS at-large possibilities.
- Baylor's season-ending game against Texas Tech will be the Bears' bowl game, the Waco Tribune-Herald's John Werner writes.
- Mark Mangino’s Kansas coaching tenure is analyzed by the Omaha World-Herald’s Lee Barfknecht.
- Dan Hawkins better beware – at least considering the recent trend for coaches in the Nebraska-Colorado game every two seasons, the Boulder Camera’s Neill Woelk writes.
- Tom Shatel writes that former Iowa standout defensive back Bob Stoops can help his old school by beating Oklahoma State this week.
- Despite a concussion sustained last week, Missouri running back Derrick Washington desperately wants to play Saturday against Kansas, the Kansas City Star’s Mike DeArmond reports.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/big12