Big 12 lunchtime links
September, 5, 2013
By Jake Trotter | ESPN.com
Barry Switzer as Johnny Manziel's coach would have been interesting:
- Texas’ return to notoriety runs through Provo, writes Jay Drew of the The Salt Lake Tribune.
- The Manhattan Mercury's Joshua Kinder wonders if a QB controversy is brewing at Kansas State.
- Kansas wideout Justin McCay is eager to hit the field, reports the Lawrence Journal-World's Matt Tait.
- The Red Raiders are trying to remedy an ailing running game, according to the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal's Don Williams.
- Gary Patterson tells the Fort Worth Star-Telgegram's Stefan Stevenson the vaunted TCU secondary was subpar in its opener.
- Iowa State QB Sam Richardson is wearing a walking boot as a precaution.
- The Baylor defense looked impenetrable in its opener, in the opinion of the Waco Herald-Tribune's Brice Cherry.
- Specialist Kip Smith was solid in his Oklahoma State debut, reports the Tulsa World's Kelly Hines.
- The Mountaineers have to make more plays downfield, according to the Charleston Daily Mail's Mike Casazza.
- Oklahoma QB Trevor Knight is showing some fire, writes The Oklahoman's Ryan Aber.