Big 12 lunchtime links
September, 26, 2013
By Jake Trotter | ESPN.com
You can't accuse Iowa State athletic director Jamie Pollard of mincing words:
- Cyclones linebacker Jeremiah George will be facing off against Tulsa QB Cody Green for a fourth time tonight, the Des Moines Register's Randy Peterson points out.
- Texas Tech's linebackers are bringing the hammer, writes the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal's Don Williams.
- The Dallas Morning News analyzes Baylor's hot start to the season.
- It's been the same plan with worse results for West Virginia, writes the Charleston Gazette's Dave Hickman.
- Kansas State has many questions going into its open date, writes the Manhattan Mercury's Joel Jellison.
- Even after Texas' win over Kansas State, the Daily Texan lays out possible replacements for Mack Brown.
- Much has changed in Norman since the first time Bob Stoops faced Notre Dame, writes The Oklahoman's Jason Kersey.
- Oklahoma State defensive coordinator Glenn Spencer is concerned about West Virginia's running backs and the way they catch the ball, according to The Oklahoman's Gina Mizell.
- Sophomore defensive back Derrick Kindred has been a versatile option for the TCU defense, writes Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Close victories haven’t resulted in momentum for the Jayhawks, writes the Kansas City Star's Blair Kerkhoff.