Big 12 lunchtime links
October, 3, 2013
By Max Olson | ESPN.com
Now here's a thought: Could a college football player be worth $114,000 or as much as $419,000?
- Bob Stoops is showing a new attitude this fall compared to 2012. He's also talking about the SEC again.
- Kansas State's Tyler Lockett is the latest in the Book of Lockett. A grayshirt season in 2010 ended up helping Dante Barnett mature. KSU is hoping for a better showing on the road.
- Despite his hot seat, Mack Brown has earned the respect of Iowa State. Texas snapper Nate Boyer was nominated for the William V. Campbell Trophy.
- Opposing coaches are noticing the strides Baylor's defense has made. That defense has scored more points off turnovers than it has allowed so far.
- Oklahoma State can use Kansas State as a measuring stick this weekend. Its offensive linemen are taking responsibility for struggles in the run game last week.
- TCU is hoping to get more production out of Trevone Boykin's rushing talents.
- Texas Tech tight end Jace Amaro has the respect of KU defenders. Records show former TTU coach Tommy Tuberville was indeed reprimanded for his sideline blowup last season.
- Charlie Weis says the Jayhawks simply need to score more points. Renovations are being planned for KU's Memorial Stadium.
- Great story from the Ames Tribune on how receiver Justin Coleman wound up at Iowa State after his previous football program was shut down. Beating Texas tonight could launch ISU's expectations for 2013.
- West Virginia QB Clint Trickett is still getting used to the Air Raid offense. He and Dana Holgorsen are still working to get on the same page.