Big 12 lunchtime links
October, 7, 2013
By Brandon Chatmon | ESPN.com
"That's the game, baby, pelicans eat fish!" Classic.
- Baylor will have the chance to quiet doubters during Big 12 play, writes John Werner of the Waco Tribune.
- "We can't let it linger," Iowa State linebacker Jeremiah George told Randy Peterson of the Des Moines Register. The Cyclones travel to Texas Tech this weekend after feeling robbed in their loss to Texas last Thursday.
- Consistency has been one of the main problems for Kansas, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- An uncharacteristic, mistake-filled performance led to Kansas State's last-minute loss to Oklahoma State on Saturday, writes Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle.
- Oklahoma's defense suffered a major blow with linebacker Corey Nelson likely out for the season due to a torn pectoral muscle. A true freshman appears poised to step in for the senior, writes The Oklahoman's Jason Kersey.
- Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy is tired of answering questions about the Cowboys' offensive struggles, writes Jimmie Tramel of the Tulsa World. The Cowboys coach makes some valid points about the reasons for offensive struggles at OSU and around the Big 12.
- Quarterback David Ash has been ruled out against Oklahoma, just one of several injuries starting to pile up at Texas, writes ESPN.com's Max Olson.
- Head coach Gary Patterson doesn't think making a coaching change will spark TCU's offense, writes Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Texas Tech has leaned on solid defense and offensive playmakers with the quarterback spot unclear, writes Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- Well, at least one person is convinced. "I think Baylor is going to win the Big 12," West Virginia's Shaq Rowell said after the Mountaineers' 73-42 loss to the Bears. It all started up front, writes Dave Hickman of the Charleston Gazette.
BIG 12 SCOREBOARD
Final North Dakota State 34 Iowa State 14 Final West Virginia 23 2 Alabama 33 Final Louisiana Tech 16 4 Oklahoma 48 Final Samford 14 TCU 48 Final Central Arkansas 35 Texas Tech 42 Final Stephen F. Austin 16 20 Kansas State 55 Final North Texas 7 Texas 38 Final 1 Florida State 37 Oklahoma State 31