Big 12 lunchtime links
October, 8, 2013
By Brandon Chatmon | ESPN.com
Oklahoma and Texas will wear uniforms with gold trim on Saturday. The Longhorns will wear orange jerseys with gold trim, while the Sooners will sport white jerseys with gold trim.
- Last season's upset win over Kansas State was a turning point for Baylor, which has won eight straight games since that night, writes John Werner of the Waco Tribune.
- Texas receiver Mike Davis talked about and apologized for his attempt to block Iowa State defensive back Deon Broomfield, a play many people considered a cheap shot. Broomfield responds saying "I don't know how you loaf after a play." Bobby La Gesse has the story for the Ames Tribune.
- Kansas' Tony Pierson is "day-to-day" after suffering a head injury, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Expect changes in the Jayhawks' depth chart, writes Rustin Dodd of the Wichita Eagle.
- Kansas State coach Bill Snyder was in a light-hearted mood despite the prospect of facing Baylor, writes Ken Corbitt of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- Oklahoma linebacker Corey Nelson has turned into a mentor after his season-ending injury, writes John Shinn of the Norman Transcript.
- Oklahoma State linebacker Shaun Lewis had a big day against Kansas State, writes The Oklahoman's John Helsley.
- Case McCoy can leave a legacy as Texas' starting quarterback in the Red River Rivalry on Saturday, writes Jimmy Burch of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- TCU's third-down struggles against Oklahoma were directly related to first-down setbacks, writes Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- No structural damage in the knee of Texas Tech quarterback Baker Mayfield. The Red Raiders' quarterback situation remains unclear, writes Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- Is West Virginia that bad or Baylor that good? Charleston Gazette's Dave Hickman tackles that question.