Big 12 lunchtime links
October, 23, 2013
By Max Olson | ESPN.com
Betting barbecue -- especially Pecan Lodge barbecue -- on football games is always a great idea.
- Do not expect to see Casey Pachall make his triumphant return on Saturday. TCU coach Gary Patterson is confident anything can happen Saturday against Texas. The Frogs have landed one of the best QBs in the Dallas area.
- Oklahoma State is searching for consistency from a rotating group of offensive linemen. Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman explains why J.W. Walsh got benched. New offensive coordinator Mike Yurcich has never been in this situation.
- In case you missed it, Chris Brown's Grantland story on Art Briles' offense is a must-read. A tight end commit has decided to sign early with Baylor.
- One day in, Iowa State's quarterback battle is over as Sam Richardson keeps his job. The Cyclones recently held a players-only meeting.
- Kansas will need the help of a loud crowd if it hopes to slow down Baylor. Freshman Montell Cozart's role will be as the "change-up" QB.
- What happened to Oklahoma's vertical passing game? OU kicker Michael Hunnicutt hasn't forgotten his misses against Texas Tech in 2011.
- Texas Tech is stepping up its play-action passing game with Davis Webb. DeAndre Washington enjoyed his "coming-out party" two years ago against OU.
- What's the next step for Texas after its win over Oklahoma? Chris Whaley has become the general of Texas' defensive line.
- Below .500 for the first time since 2008, West Virginia needs a win against KSU. WVU gets a break from passing QBs this week against K-State.
- Kansas State has a dynamic duo in Tyler Lockett and Tramaine Thomspon. A weekend off has K-State players feeling refreshed.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/big12