Big 12 lunchtime links
November, 4, 2013
By Jake Trotter | ESPN.com
Amazing nobody drafted this guy:
- Baylor still needs help to reach the title game, explains the Fort Worth Star-Telegram's Jimmy Burch. The Oklahoman's Berry Tramel says Art Briles is the perfect fit for Baylor. Bears QB Bryce Petty could have been a Sooner, writes The Oklahoman's Jason Kersey.
- The OU defense is preparing for mighty Baylor, writes the Tulsa World's Eric Bailey. OU needs to come out fighting like it's the year 2000, says the World's Guerin Emig.
- TCU coach Gary Patterson tells the Fort Worth Star-Telegram's Stefan Stevenson he won’t consider staffing changes until season’s end.
- Oklahoma State is making rapid improvement across the board, writes the World's Jimmie Tramel.
- West Virginia RB Charles Sims delivered again in victory, writes the Charleston Gazette's Dave Hickman. The Mountaineers' victory over TCU was a month in the making.
- Texas Tech couldn't overcome Oklahoma State's intensity, writes the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal's Don Williams.
- Kansas State has worked through its early-season struggles, according to Ken Corbitt of the Topeka Capital-Journal. The K-State receivers are making big catches.
- The Kansas QB rotation continues, writes the Topeka Capital-Journal's Ben Ward.
- Texas didn't dominate Kansas, but the Longhorns won easily.
- Iowa State coach Paul Rhoads' rare terseness is a telling sign, writes the Des Moines Register's Tommy Birch.