Big 12 lunchtime links
November, 26, 2013
By Jake Trotter | ESPN.com
On your mark, get set, go...
- Coach Charlie Weis is mum about who will start at quarterback for Kansas in the Sunflower Showdown, reports the Lawrence Journal-World's Matt Tait.
- Kansas State is turning the Sunflower Showdown into the Sunflower Beatdown, in the opinion of the Kansas City Star's Kellis Robinette.
- QB Clint Chelf had a performance for the Oklahoma State ages, according to The Oklahoman's Gina Mizell. The paper's Berry Tramel says coach Mike Gundy has cost Chelf memorable moments by preventing him from speaking with the media.
- Oklahoma coach Bob Stoops is impressed with Oklahoma State's defense, reports The Oklahoman's Jason Kersey. The Sooners are beaten up going into Bedlam, according to the Tulsa World's Guerin Emig.
- The Longhorns miss playing Texas A&M on Thanksgiving, according to the Dallas Morning News' Chuck Carlton. QB David Ash is done for the year and will apply for a medical redshirt.
- Texas Tech tight end Jace Amaro was somehow left off the Mackey Award finalist list. The Dallas Morning News' Mike Graham wonders how Amaro will respond against Texas.
- The Fort Worth Star-Telegram's Stefan Stevenson examines what is going on with suspended TCU running back Waymon James.
- The Baylor players vow to reach remaining dreams with their BCS title shot gone, reports Jimmy Burch of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. Running back Shock Linwood is losing sleep over the loss to Oklahoma State, he tells the Dallas Morning News' Kate Hairopoulos.
- The Mountaineers are focused on the finale, writes the Charleston Gazette's Dave Hickman.
- Iowa State will be enclosing the south end zone of Jack Trice Stadium.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/big12