Could this guy win the Heisman?
- The Dallas Morning News' Chuck Carlton cautions that seeking a replacement for Texas coach Mack Brown could be ill-advised. The Longhorns haven't given up on the Big 12 title. Texas Tech will be starting two true freshman DBs in Austin. Tech has rekindled discussions about building an indoor practice facility.
- The Topeka Capital-Journal's Ken Corbitt profiles record-setting Kansas State wide receiver Tyler Lockett, who has fulfilled his family legacy. Charlie Weis is sticking with Montell Cozart as his starting QB for the "Sunflower Showdown," the Lawrence Journal-World's Matt Tait reports.
- Oklahoma State showed TCU the way to stop Baylor's offense, in the opinion of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram's Stefan Stevenson. TCU coach Gary Patterson lauds the Baylor defense. The Dallas Morning News breaks down the past five Baylor-TCU games.
- Iowa State coach Paul Rhoads has a history with West Virginia, writes the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review's Bob Hertzel. Iowa State punter Kirby Van Der Kamp has gone from unknown to NFL prospect, according to the Des Moines Register's Tommy Birch. West Virginia QB Clint Trickett reveals he kept quiet about a concussion earlier this season against Kansas State.
- The Tulsa World's John E. Hoover explores how Oklahoma State QB Clint Chelf saved his season. The Cowboys' win over Baylor is paying off already on the recruiting trail. Oklahoma cornerback Aaron Colvin has been battling through pain, according to the Tulsa World's Eric Bailey. Most of the Sooners watched Oklahoma State's win over Baylor, and came away impressed.