Big 12 lunchtime links
January, 6, 2014
By Jake Trotter | ESPN.com
If you were away from the Internet all weekend, you have to watch, "when Alabama fans attack."
- Sunday, Texas finally announced its new coach, Louisville's Charlie Strong. The Dallas Morning News' Chuck Carlton explores why the Longhorns chose Strong, who parted Louisville on good terms, according to the Louisville Courier. The Austin American-Statesman's Cedric Golden breaks down the Strong hire.
- The Houston Chronicle lists 10 facts to know about Strong; the Dallas Morning News does the same and compiles national reaction on the hire.
- Blue-chip QB commitment Jerrod Heard says he's still solid to Texas with Strong's hire. "Strong Horns" shirts are already on sale.
- Despite the bowl loss, Baylor is poised for continued success, writes the Waco Tribune-Herald's John Werner.
- Leadership was evident among the Oklahoma players in the Allstate Sugar Bowl, according to the Tulsa World's John E. Hoover. Blue-chip running back Joe Mixon could make a splash with the Sooners next season, according to The Oklahoman's Jason Kersey.
- Oklahoma State early-enrolling freshman QB Mason Rudolph has eyes on the starting job, he tells the Tulsa World's Kelly Hines. The Cowboys are still in the mix for a couple of highly touted recruits from Louisiana, reports The Oklahoman's Gina Mizell, who also offers five burning questions for the Cowboys for the 2014 season.
- According to the Des Moines Register, Iowa State might have another vacancy on the coaching staff.
- Kansas' recruiting class is heavy on defensive backs, reports the Lawrence Journal-World's Matt Tait.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/big12