Big 12 lunchtime links
January, 13, 2014
By Jake Trotter | ESPN.com
I feel for Wes Welker having to wear this helmet. He still scored a TD Sunday.
- Offensive line coach Joe Wickline confirms to The Oklahoman's Gina Mizell that he's leaving Oklahoma State for the same position at Texas. This is a coup for the Longhorns and a blow to the Cowboys. Wickline is regarded as one of the top offensive line coaches in the country.
- The Austin American-Statesman's Kirk Bohls wonders if race will follow coach Charlie Strong to Texas.
- West Virginia QB Ford Childress has left school and will not return, reports the Charleston Daily Mail's Mike Casazza. Childress started two games for the Mountaineers this past season before suffering a season-ending pectoral injury.
- The Lawrence Journal-World's Matt Tait features Kansas receiver Nick Harwell, who transferred in from Miami of Ohio. The Jayhawks have a big junior-college recruit visiting this weekend.
- Fans of Oklahoma and Oklahoma State are getting a little too social with recruits, The Oklahoman's Jason Kersey details in this piece on fans, recruiting and social media.
- Oklahoma is trying to finish out strong in recruiting, writes the Dallas Morning News' Alex Apple. Kersey projects the 2014 Sooners' depth chart, and details the major question marks.
- With Josh Stewart's departure, speedy junior-college transfer Tyreek Hill could make an immediate impact for Oklahoma State in 2014, according to Mizell.
- The Dallas Morning News' Kevin Sherrington says the saga of former Texas Tech QB Baker Mayfield is another example of NCAA hypocrisy.
- The Waco Tribune-Herald recaps where the top 100 recruits from Texas are going.
- Baylor fans have scooped up all the throwback uniforms the school put on sale from the Texas game, writes the Waco Tribune-Herald's Regina Dennis.