Big 12's lunch links
March, 4, 2014
By Brandon Chatmon | ESPN.com
This was hilarious!
- Kansas will use caution with running back Tony Pierson, who returns this spring after battling a concussion for most of the 2013 season.
- KU coach Charlie Weis hopes to have the quarterback competition settled as soon as possible.
- New West Virginia assistant coach Tom Bradley will make $1 million in the next two seasons, reports Mike Casazza of the Charleston Daily Mail.
- "Now I have to sustain that and be the best I can be." Baylor quarterback Bryce Petty remains hungry to prove himself despite a stellar 2013 season.
- Baylor added a versatile player to its 2015 recruiting class on Monday.
- With Texas Tech looking to replace three senior cornerbacks, a couple of sophomores sit atop the depth chart with spring practice set to begin on Wednesday.
- The Red Raiders also will have a open competition for two safety spots this spring.
- Oklahoma State may have a good reason for not holding a spring game, suggests Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman.
- The difference in tempo is already being seen at TCU with new offensive coordinators Doug Meacham and Sonny Cumbie installing a new offense.
- Kenny Perry is set to join the Horned Frogs' coaching staff as the cornerbacks coach, reports Travis L. Brown of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.