Big 12's lunch links
April, 21, 2014
By Jake Trotter | ESPN.com
A great moment.
- Texas' big picture is still blurry after the spring game, writes the San Antonio Express-News' Mike Finger. Boosting confidence and improving QB play are now the goals, according to the Dallas Morning News' Chuck Carlton.
- QB Tyrone Swoopes improved after a slow start in the scrimmage. The Dallas Morning News' Chris Hummer had five observations of the Horns’ spring game.
- Texas linebacker Steve Edmond’s disparaging comments over the weekend have fueled Baylor fire, writes the Waco Tribune-Herald's John Werner.
- Kansas State coach Bill Snyder is driving home a message of focus to his team this spring, reports the Topeka Capital-Journal's Ken Corbitt. The running back battle continues in Manhattan, Kan., according to the Kansas City Star's Kellis Robinett.
- Uprooted by Hurricane Katrina, Sam Carter has thrived at TCU, writes the Fort Worth Star-Telegram's Stefan Stevenson.
- The need for speed is driving Iowa State defensive end Mitchell Meyers, the Ames Tribune's Bobby La Gesse details.
- Oklahoma's young, but talented receivers will get plenty of chances this fall, according to The Oklahoman's Jason Kersey. The Dallas Morning News' Alex Apple believes Sooners QB Trevor Knight is a Heisman sleeper. The Oklahoman's Ryan Aber explains how Oklahoma QB Baker Mayfield grew up a Sooner fan growing up in Austin, Texas.
- Health is a big factor for the Oklahoma State offensive line, according to The Oklahoman's John Helsley. Cowboys DE Jimmy Bean is beginning to draw attention.
- West Virginia is trying to reverse two years of dreadful pass defense, writes the West Virginia MetroNews Network's Allan Taylor.
- Right or wrong, quarterback exits present an image issue for Texas Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury, in the opinion of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal's Don Williams, who also looks at all the QBs who have left Tech over the years.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/big12