Big 12 lunchtime links
May, 5, 2014
By Jake Trotter | ESPN.com
Not joking -- I had three pieces of cake over the weekend. No ice cream, though.
- Kansas' first commitment for the Class of 2015 was a big one.
- Baylor WR Robbie Rhodes was arrested on suspicion of marijuana possession, the Waco Tribune-Herald's Olivia Messer reports.
- They've started slicing up the turf at Baylor's Floyd Casey Stadium.
- ESPN 300 quarterback and Texas Tech commit Jarrett Stidham battled against roughly 70 quarterbacks from 12 states to win the Dallas Elite 11 regional competition and earn an invitation to the Elite 11 nationals.
- The Red Raiders could have a cornerback coming back, the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal's Don Williams reports.
- The Dallas Morning News ranks the top 10 college football players in Texas. Spoiler alert: Baylor and TCU have the top four players.
- After looking over his shoulder last year, Kansas State QB Jake Waters is looking forward, writes the Topeka Capital-Journal's Kevin Haskin.
- The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette breaks down West Virginia's NFL draft hopefuls.
- The Oklahoman's Jason Kersey looks at the draft prospects of FB Trey Millard and WR Lacoltan Bester.