Big 12 links: Tech-OSU showdown highlights South Division's depth
November, 8, 2008
By Tim Griffin | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin
It should be an interesting day across the Big 12 today. Here are a few links to prime the pump.
- Berry Tramel of the Oklahoman writes how the development of Texas Tech and Oklahoma State has cemented the Big 12 South Division's claim as the toughest in football.
- Tom Shatel of the Omaha World-Herald writes that the honeymoon period for Bo Pelini isn't over, but there's a restlessness stirring among Nebraska fans heading into today's game against Kansas.
- Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman opines that the recent early dismissals of coaches might not necessarily be all bad for college football.
- John Henderson of the Denver Post writes that celebrity comes with perks for Oklahoma State quarterback Zac Robinson, who recently signed the belly of a pregnant woman at the suggestion of her husband.
- The Missouri program will honor the legacy of Aaron O'Neal at today's regular-season home finale against Kansas State, the Kansas City Star's Mike DeArmond writes.
- Robert Griffin as the next Vince Young? Texas coach Mack Brown makes the comparison as the Longhorns prepare for the freshman Baylor quarterback, John Werner of the Waco Tribune-Herald writes.