Big 12's lunch links
June, 19, 2014
By Jake Trotter | ESPN.com
Tweet of the day.
- The Oklahoman's Jason Kersey weighs in on the possibility of troubled but talented Dorial Green-Beckham ending up at Oklahoma.
- Iowa State center Tom Farniok is ready to roll, according to the Des Moines Register's Tommy Birch.
- Bill Snyder says Kansas State is going to miss Daniel Sams. The Wichita Eagle's Taylor Eldridge has the details.
- Tony Pierson should play running back, not wide receiver, in the opinion of the Lawrence Journal-World's Tom Keegan.
- The Jayhawks are considering removal of the stadium track before the season, reports the Kansas City Star's Rustin Dodd.
- Baylor picked up a safety commitment.
- The Oklahoman's Berry Tramel makes a case for the Big 12 forging a scheduling alliance with BYU.
- Longtime TCU assistant football coach Eddie Williamson has retired, reports the Fort Worth Star-Telegram's Stefan Stevenson.
- Dave Campbell’s Texas Football magazine believes Texas Tech will field an entertaining, but unpredictable team this season.
- Hollywood, Texas and Texas Tech have gone to TCU to tell a great story. Read the Fort Worth Star-Telegram's Mac Engel to find out why.
- Former SMU, Texas RB Traylon Shead was declared eligible for the NFL supplemental draft, according to the Dallas Morning News' Chuck Carlton.