Big 12 lunchtime links
July, 10, 2014
By Jake Trotter | ESPN.com
I would write a better intro, but I can't stop checking Twitter to see if LeBron has signed.
- Texas Tech sold out its season football ticket allotment for the first time in program history.
- Texas Tech QB recruit Jarrett Stidham is outperforming the competition at the Elite 11 camp, according to USA Today's Paul Myerberg and Daniel Uthman.
- University of Texas President Bill Powers resigned, and will leave his post in 2015.
- The Longhorns picked up a commitment from a Louisiana offensive lineman.
- Was Charlie Strong the right hire for Texas?
- West Virginia's season ticket sales are as low as they’ve been in nine years, according to the Charleston Daily Mail's Mike Casazza.
- West Virginia faces a tough road to redemption, according to the Daily Athenaeum's Connor Murray.
- The Mountaineers could play Virginia Tech at FedEx Field in Washington, D.C., in 2017.
- Former Jayhawk Brad Thorson announced that he's gay. The Topeka Capital-Journal's Jesse Newell has the details.
- Baylor coach Art Briles say his program will do whatever it can to help troubled Cleveland Browns and former Baylor standout Josh Gordon.
- TV plans are set for Oklahoma State's first four games.
- The return of Devonte Fields could put TCU's D-line over the top, according to the Dallas Morning News' Ryan Gerbosi.
- Is TCU's Jaden Oberkrom college football's best kicker?
- The Ames Tribune's Bobby La Gesse gives his take on the Iowa State-Texas game appearing on the Longhorn Network.
- The Waco Herald-Tribune's Brice Cherry says four games will make or break Baylor’s Big 12 title quest.