Big 12 lunchtime links
July, 30, 2014
By Jake Trotter | ESPN.com
Poor Pauley Pavilion...
- Witness intimidation charges against West Virginia running back Wendell Smallwood have been dropped. Smallwood is expected to be on the field with the Mountaineers when they open fall camp.
- Thanks to the recent graduation of a player from the 1990s, Oklahoma State's APR penalty has been lifted. The Cowboys will have the full 20 weekly hours of practice time.
- Oklahoma State added future games with Tulsa, reports the Tulsa World's Bill Haisten.
- Oklahoma State is experiencing an all-time five-year win total, according to Kyle Porter of pistolsfiringblog.com.
- The fate of Oklahoma running back Joe Mixon is in the hands of the district attorney and coach Bob Stoops, writes The Oklahoman's Berry Tramel.
- Norman police released the 911 call in the Mixon investigation.
- A court date has been set for two former Longhorns charged with felony sexual assault.
- Could more Texas players face possible suspension?
- Jonathan Truman is a tried and true veteran anchoring the Kansas State defense, writes the Topeka Capital-Journal's Ken Corbitt.
- The Lawrence Journal-World's Tom Keegan lays odds on who will lead the Jayhawks in rushing.
- Eastern Washington will play at Texas Tech in 2017.