Lunchtime links: Tired of the 'Mike Gundy Show?'
November, 12, 2008
By Tim Griffin | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin
Grab a link and enjoy your lunch with them.
- Dave Sittler of the Tulsa World wonders what's the infatuation with "The Mike Gundy Show" when he's shown detached from his team while he's on the sidelines working on his offensive strategy.
- Despite a four-game losing streak, Baylor officials are expecting their largest crowd of the season Saturday when Texas A&M visits Floyd Casey Stadium. The Bears come into the game as the largest point-spread favorite in any Big 12 game involving them since 1996, Waco Tribune-Herald beat writer John Werner reports.
- Eric Sorrentino of the Lawrence Journal-World predicts that the Heisman Trophy is a near lock to end up being won by a Big 12 player this season.
- Recent struggles by scholarship kickers Aric Goodman and Jameson Davis have led Colorado coaches to conduct a casting call for a new kicker, according to the Boulder Daily Camera's Kyle Ringo. Among those who tried out are Ryan Callahan, who conducts a weekly interview with coach Dan Hawkins for the campus radio station.
- Chase Daniel's first game against Iowa State as a freshman -- a relief effort for an injured Brad Smith -- remains the only time in his career that Daniel has orchestrated a comeback victory for Missouri where they have trailed in the second half. Mike DeArmond of the Kansas City Star recounts the history of that game as pivotal to Daniel's development as a leader.
- Struggling kick coverage, inconsistent field-goal kicking and lackluster punting. Bob Stoops has seen all kinds of trouble with his special teams, which collectively could be among the Big 12's worst. The Oklahoman's Jake Trotter writes that the Sooners' sputtering special teams could derail their national title hopes.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/big12