Big 12 lunchtime links: Big game in Norman
November, 21, 2008
By Tim Griffin | ESPN.com
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin
Less than 36 hours and counting to tomorrow's South Division showdown in Norman. Here are some links to get you ready, along with some other tidbits from around the Big 12.
- Steve Wieberg of USA Today visited Mike Leach's cluttered Lubbock office and heard all about how "The Wizard" helped recruit Graham Harrell to Texas Tech.
- The Kansas City Star's Blair Kerkhoff wonders if Kansas State will be able to follow through on athletic director Bob Krause's intention of hiring an established coach before the regular season ends.
- Tommy Hicks of the Mobile Register wonders if the coach-in-waiting concept, employed by Texas earlier this week to hire Will Muschamp, is really such a good idea.
- Developing wide receiver Detron Lewis is providing a nice complement to Michael Crabtree in Texas Tech's deep stable of playmaking receivers, Brandon George of the Dallas Morning New reports. And Richard Oliver of the San Antonio Express-News provides the definitive interview of Michael Crabtree Sr., who tells how and why his son has developed into the Big 12's biggest game-breaker.
- The Oklahoman's Berry Tramel breaks down the matchup between Texas Tech's Graham Harrell and Oklahoma's Sam Bradford, one that could decide who wins the Heisman Trophy.
- Texas A&M defensive end Michael Bennett told the San Antonio Express-News/Houston Chronicle's Brent Zwerneman that he has been besieged by e-mails from irate Texas fans since his controversial hit on Colt McCoy two seasons ago. "They sent me dirty e-mails," Bennett said. "They still send me dirty e-mails saying, 'Don't hit Colt this year.'" Bennett told Zwerneman that A&M's physical play has gotten into McCoy's head. "I think he just gets a little spooked sometimes, I don't know," Bennett said.
Tweets from https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/lists/big12