Monday, August 16, 2010
Big 12 finds its way into 20s
By ESPN.com staff
The number "20" is getting some major play in the college football section of ESPN.com today as we move through our month-long preview of the 2010 season.
And the Big 12 makes plenty of appearances in all 10 of our 20-piece lists you should check out.
Fittingly, we called it "20 for 10."
Here's what we've got today:
- Top 20 Heisman contenders: Don't count on the Big 12 bringing it home in 2010, but Oklahoma and Texas A&M make appearances.
- Top 20 college football superfans: Take note, Kansas Staters.
- Top 20 undersized running backs, courtesy of Pat Forde: This means you, Oklahoma State, Colorado, Texas A&M and Iowa State.
- Top 20 family ties: Texas, Nebraska, you'll enjoy this. As will the Newton and Steinkuhler families.
- Top 20 must-see games: Texas at Nebraska is No. 2, but the Big 12 makes two more appearances on the list.
- Top 20 teams with the best chance to win it all: You can probably guess who's on here, but head over anyway.
- Top 20 worst situations to be in: Perhaps the most intriguing of our lists, and the Longhorns made the cut twice.
- Top 20 debates over who to be: Blogger Andrea Adelson tackles 20 "would you rather" questions, with plenty of Big 12 quarterback flavor.
- Top 20 hot and cold things: Columnist Mark Schlabach runs down a nice hot or not list.
- Top 20 NFL prospects: Todd McShay turns in a list topped by Prince Amukamara and someone named Nathaniel Solder. Two more Big 12 players make the cut.