Tuesday, March 17, 2009
Big 12 lunchtime links: Toledo trip could be CU's 12th game
By ESPN.com staff
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin
Happy St. Patrick's Day.
Have a green beer for me and a double helping of corned beef and cabbage while you are savoring these links.
It will almost make you feel like you're at the Emerald Isle -- at least for a few minutes. And the green foam mustache left from the beer will put in the spirit of today, too.
- Colorado now appears to be headed to play at Toledo to fill its 12th game of the season. The game with the Rockets, coached by former Oklahoma State defensive coordinator Tim Beckman, would be played on Friday, Sept. 11, Kyle Ringo of the Boulder Daily Camera reports.
- Mike Gundy told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that his infamous 2007 rant has helped his school's recruiting.
- Baylor offensive lineman Jason Smith checks in at No. 2 and Texas Tech wide receiver Michael Crabtree at 10th on the most recent draft board created by the Houston Chronicle's Lance Zierlein.
- Dennis Dodd of CBSSports.com lists the development of Oklahoma's offensive line, the return of Bill Snyder and the return of Oklahoma State coordinator Bill Young to the Big 12 among his 25 story lines to follow this spring.
- Austin Meek of the Topeka Capital-Journal notes that Kansas State earned a pyrrhic victory when the Wildcats finished second to Tennessee in the Bryce Brown recruiting sweepstakes.
- Texas defensive coordinator Will Muschamp spent some of his spring break last weekend visiting with his old boss, Alabama coach Nick Saban, Austin American-Statesman beat writer Suzanne Halliburton reports.
- Colt McCoy, Sam Bradford, Zac Robinson and Todd Reesing are listed among J.S. Hett's top 10 returning quarterbacks at opensports.com.