Friday, March 27, 2009
Big 12 lunch links: Bracing for a Kansas blizzard
By ESPN.com staff
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin
OVERLAND PARK, Kan. -- Welcome to the heartland, where a blizzard is expected to blow through with 8 to 10 inches of snow Saturday morning.
Luckily, I was warned to bring a lot of warm clothes.
I'm ready, but here are some links before I brave the elements.
- Mike Finger of the Houston Chronicle/San Antonio Express-News wants to know whether anybody wants to start for Texas at running back.
- Senior wide receiver Deon Murphy and senior offensive lineman Edward Prince have left the Kansas State program, Manhattan Mercury senior writer Mark Janssen reports.
- Jake Trotter of the Oklahoman reports that top Oklahoma recruit Justin Chiasson has been arrested and charged with multiple criminal acts.
- Texas Tech running back Ryan Hale might not look much like Michael Crabtree, but he still wants to wear the Biletnikoff Award winner's old uniform number, Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal writes.
- Boulder Daily Camera columnist Neill Woelk writes that 10 teams made scheduling allowances to enable the Colorado-Toledo game on Sept. 11 to be set.
- Baby-faced Texas quarterback Colt McCoy grew a beard and gained much perspective last week during his missionary trip to the Amazon Basin, Dallas Morning News Big 12 columnist Chuck Carlton writes.
- Texas A&M coach Mike Sherman has made a conscious effort to pare down his offensive terminology to one-syllable words to make it easier for his quarterbacks, according to Brent Zwerneman of the Houston Chronicle/San Antonio Express-News.
- Oklahoma State safety Lucien Antoine told the Oklahoman's Scott Wright that the mental aspect of his rehabilitation from knee surgery was more challenging than the physical part.