Thursday, September 23, 2010
Kiper revises his draft forecast
By ESPN.com staff
Thanks to Nebraska forcing a 4-for-20 performance, Washington quarterback Jake Locker has surrendered his spot on the top of Mel Kiper's Big Board.
There's plenty of other Big 12 flavor, too, on his updated draft forecast released on Tuesady.
- Nebraska cornerback Prince Amukamara is the Big 12's top overall prospect, at No. 5.
- Kansas State running back Daniel Thomas is No. 20 on the list, Colorado left tackle Nate Solder checks in at No. 21.
Position rankings: Seniors
Position rankings: Non-seniors
- Texas A&M's Jerrod Johnson is the No. 5 quarterback.
- Daniel Thomas (KSU), DeMarco Murray (OU) and Kendall Hunter (OSU) are still 1-2-3 on the top of the running back list.
- Nebraska's Niles Paul is the No. 1 receiver.
- Nebraska's Mike McNeill is the No. 5 tight end.
- Solder is the No. 2 offensive tackle.
- Oklahoma's Jeremy Beal is the No. 5 defensive end.
- Texas A&M's Von Miller is the No. 2 outside linebacker.
- Oklahoma's Quinton Carter is the No. 3 safety.
- Nebraska's Alex Henery is the No. 2 kicker.
- Baylor's Derek Epperson is the No. 4 punter.
- Prince Amukamara (NU), Jimmy Smith (CU) and Curtis Brown (UT) are 1-3-5 among cornerbacks.
- Missouri's Blaine Gabbert is the No. 3 quarterback.
- Texas' Cody Johnson is the No. 2 fullback.
- Oklahoma's Ryan Broyles is the No. 5 receiver.
- Iowa State's Kelechi Osemele is the No. 5 offensive tackle.
- Colorado's Ryan Miller is the No. 3 guard.
- Oklahoma's Frank Alexander is the No. 5 defensive end.
- Jared Crick (NU) and Kheeston Randall (UT) are the Nos. 1 and 4 defensive tackles.
- Oklahoma's Travis Lewis is the No. 2 inside linebacker.
- Texas' Aaron Williams is the No. 5 cornerback.
- Oklahoma State's Markelle Martin is the No. 5 safety.