Friday, October 15, 2010
Lunch links: Leach talks OSU-Tech
By ESPN.com staff
Don't hide your thighs. Notarize.
- Randy Peterson of the Des Moines Register takes a look at Iowa State's two new linebackers off to good starts, A.J. Klein and Jake Knott.
- Mike Leach weighs in on what might as well be the de facto Leach Bowl this Saturday, when Texas Tech plays Oklahoma State. Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman has the story.
- How long do Texas A&M fans have to wait? Chuck Carlton of the Dallas Morning News examines the question.
- Jake Trotter of The Oklahoman tells you why Oklahoma doesn't retire jerseys for former players.
- Army staff sergeant Brian Blair is in Iraq, and lets Kevin Robbins of the Austin American-Statesman in on how he follows his favorite team, the Texas Longhorns.
- Kansas is still having trouble with the basics of football, writes Tully Corcoran of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- Carson Coffman may not have the NFL arm or prospects that Josh Freeman had, but at least he can beat Kansas, writes Austin Meek of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- Baylor dismissed receiver Willie Jefferson, who was arrested with teammate Josh Gordon two weeks ago.
- The blame for Thursday night's loss to Kansas State falls squarely on Turner Gill, but any real talk of firing is premature, writes Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star.
- Missouri backup quarterback James Franklin is marked by a calmness, writes Vahe Gregorian of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
- Nebraska is making its biggest home game of the year its biggest recruiting weekend of the year, too.
- Colorado's Will Jefferson is ready to make the switch from receiver to running back, writes Tom Kensler of the Denver Post.