Friday, October 29, 2010
Lunch links: Osborne opens up on Gill
By ESPN.com staff
Finally saw Kanye's latest last night, a 34-minute music video/statement about falling in love with a woman/Phoenix/his career. It might be the most unnecessary thing ever created. It's also pretty fantastic (if not a touch heavy-handed). Dang it, Kanye.
Also, there's deer! And bunnies!
- Colorado quarterback Tyler Hansen is out of the hospital, and visited his teammates on Thursday.
- Baylor is looking for a Big 12 takeover.
- Missouri's Aldon Smith challenges the idea that Missouri's team is devoid of superstars, writes Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star.
- Texas safety Blake Gideon and his family tell Alan Trubow of the Austin American-Statesman about his mother's battle with cancer.
- Nebraska AD Tom Osborne tells Randy Peterson of the Des Moines Register a few of the nuggets of advice he gave his former player, Kansas coach Turner Gill.
- Does Oklahoma quarterback Landry Jones have "it"? Mike Jones of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram says no, at least not yet.
- Kansas may not have the fan support this year, but it has to "keep sawing wood," writes Tully Corcoran of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- Kansas State knows the kind of defensive challenges that await them this week, writes Austin Meek of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- Missouri isn't pressing charges against the "Faurot 30."
- Oklahoma State's kickoff coverage ranks 119th out of 120, and fixing it won't be easy, writes John Helsley of The Oklahoman.
- Iowa State's Jack Trice Field is about to get an upgrade.
- The luster is off the Texas Tech-Texas A&M rivalry this year, writes Robert Cessna of the Bryan-College Station Eagle.