Thursday, December 9, 2010
Lunch links: Dan Beebe's Big 12 mistake
By ESPN.com staff
People aren't food. People aren't food. Your friends will run away if they're scared of being chewed.
- Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman has two reasons why there's no way Bob Stoops will go to Florida.
- Nebraska athletic director Tom Osborne won't be retiring any time soon, writes Steve Sipple of the Lincoln Journal Star.
- That Baylor bowl drought is paying off. Bears fans are snatching up Texas Bowl tickets.
- Brandon Chatmon of The Oklahoman says Justin Blackmon might be the best receiver in Oklahoma State history.
- New Colorado coach Jon Embree passed his recruiting test, but he's also trying to assemble a staff while putting together his team, writes Kyle Ringo of the Boulder Daily Camera.
- Dan Beebe says the Big 12 made a mistake by not continuing the OU-Nebraska annual rivalry when the league was formed, reports colleague Ivan Maisel. Also, Colorado has always been more linked to the Pac-12 than the Big 12.
- Mike Leach is interested in the Florida job. "Really, I'm interested in all of them,'' Leach said. Honesty really is the best policy.
- Get ready for Missouri's ticket sales to the Insight Bowl to be heavily scrutinized, writes Dave Matter of the Columbia Tribune.
- It doesn't sound like Nebraska offensive coordinator Shawn Watson is headed to Vanderbilt.
- Bill Hancock, the executive director of the BCS, defends the system with an op-ed piece in USA Today.