Monday, June 6, 2011
Lunch links: Big 12's big shoes to fill
By ESPN.com staff
Only in 2011 could a light-hearted cultural reference about this photo be interpreted as me implicating Oklahoma was committing recruiting violations. Sheesh. Chill out. And watch more "Friday Night Lights."
- In the wake of Jim Tressel's dismissal, Bob Stoops says he can't play babysitter for his team, writes Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman. Tramel also gives a look inside the mission trip to Haiti a few Oklahoma athletes took.
- Is a national championship in store for Oklahoma State? Former receiver Dez Bryant seems to think so.
- Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal looks at the changing culture of college football. Namely, the expectation of players to stick around campus for summer workouts.
- Texas reeled in a top-flight offensive lineman on Sunday for its latest 2012 commit, one Randy Riggs of the Austin American calls a big piece of Texas' 2012 recruiting puzzle.
- Stoops says finding the right time to talk about filling Austin Box's void won't be an issue, reports Jake Trotter of The Oklahoman.
- Brandon Chatmon of The Oklahoma has a look at the recruiting improvements under Mike Gundy at Oklahoma State.
- Andy Staples of SI.com ranks the top 20 most desirable coaching jobs in college football. Texas comes in at No. 1, and two other Big 12 teams make the cut.
- Kansas' Tunde Bakare, a juco linebacker, former Maryland signee and strong candidate for the all-name team, hopes to crack the starting lineup in Lawrence, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Dave Matter of the Columbia Tribune has the 10 players with the biggest shoes to fill in the Big 12 and a collection of photos from Missouri's trip to Joplin. Additionally, here's some video.