Wednesday, June 15, 2011
Lunch links: NEB-Big 12/Beebe/UT truce?
By David Ubben
For the NCAA Football '11 enthusiasts out there on 360 late this afternoon ... D Ubbz 12. You know what to do. Think around 5 p.m. ET.
- It's time to end this and have a truce between Nebraska, Texas, Dan Beebe and the Big 12, writes Lee Barfknecht of the Omaha World-Herald.
- Oklahoma standout signee Trey Metoyer (No. 51 on the 2011 ESPNU 150) still plans on coming to Oklahoma this fall, but he's taking classes at a junior college in Tyler, Texas this summer, reports Anthony Slater of The Oklahoman, who also has more on the 2012 class' top QB, Gunner Kiel.
- Dave Matter of the Columbia Tribune has more on what Evan Boehm's commitment means for Mizzou.
- Former Oklahoma State offensive coordinator Dana Holgorsen took to the air after being named head coach at West Virginia. He went skydiving (with video).
- Texas receiver Greg Timmons is officially transferring.
- Former Oklahoma running back Adrian Peterson stopped by to chat with fans on ESPN SportsNation on Tuesday.
- Big 12 commissioner Dan Beebe talked bowl reimbursements earlier this week, and Matt Baker of the Tulsa World reports that Oklahoma and Oklahoma State needed more than $2 million from the Big 12 to break even on their bowl trips.
- Here's a look at Kansas State's Pinstripe Bowl expense report and survey.
- Kansas could use some help at defensive end, writes Tom Keegan of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Former Oklahoma State receiver Bo Bowling has landed in the Canadian Football League.