Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Big 12 lunch links
By Adam Rittenberg
Taking a spin around the Big 12 ...
- Big 12 administrators favor giving athletes additional funds, Chuck Carlton writes in the Dallas Morning News.
- Former Missouri defensive lineman Lorenzo Williams makes a good case why players should get more from their scholarships, Dave Matter writes in the Columbia Daily Tribune.
- Coach Bill Snyder says Collin Klein will enter camp as Kansas State's No. 1 quarterback, Austin Meek writes in The (Topeka) Capital-Journal.
- Kansas safety Bradley McDougald, a one-time Ohio State commit, isn't surprised by the scandal in Columbus, Matt Tait writes in the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Mack Brown's right-hand man is no longer employed by Texas, Ralph K.M. Haurwitz writes in the Austin American Statesman. No one is saying much about Cleve Bryant's departure.
- Oklahoma's D-line could be the key to a national title run, Mike Baldwin writes in The Oklahoman.
- No surprise here, but football drives the bus for Big 12 athletic departments, Chris Day writes.
- Baylor fans can start buying tickets for the Texas Tech game Wednesday.