Tuesday, August 30, 2011
Lunch links: A BYU/Sundays solution
By ESPN.com staff
Did anybody realize Busta Rhymes is 39? This is oddly jarring.
Fun with puzzles!
- Oklahoma State has set a school record for season-ticket sales. This is the second time it's happened in three years.
- Baylor quarterback Robert Griffin III's socks? They vanquish all rivals.
- Oklahoma State fans: Looking for something to complain about?
- Here's a look and breakdown of Kansas' new depth chart, without many surprises but with two freshmen starting on special teams. Also, Toben Opurum is a team captain. My hat is off to that man. Leading rusher-turned-defensive lineman-turned-outside linebacker, and he worked through it all.
- Receiver Kenny Stills looks like he'll be suspended for Saturday's game, but safety Tony Jefferson is a go, writes Travis Haney of The Oklahoman.
- Defensive end David King might be the most improved Sooner in fall camp, writes Mike Baldwin of The Oklahoman.
- So, Garrett Gilbert is the starter at Texas. But for how long? Cedric Golden at the Austin American-Statesman wants to know. Kirk Bohls at the Statesman wants to know if he'll finish, too.
- Oklahoma State cornerback Brodrick Brown has a lot more to offer than just "The Play," writes Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman.
- Garrett Gilbert has his second chance now, and he's different this time around, writes Carter Strickland of HornsNation.com.
- Oklahoma's top recruit in the 2011 class won't be on campus until January.
- Texas quarterback Connor Wood, listed as a co-No. 3 on the season's first depth chart, visited Colorado on Monday.
- Will Oklahoma run the table this year? A panel of experts debates the possibility.