Friday, September 9, 2011
Big 12 did you know: Week 2
By ESPN.com staff
Time for the next roundup of tidbits and facts from ESPN Stats & Info and various sports information departments around the Big 12.
We love you. You make all your readers the smartest people at their tailgates.
Did you know...
- Missouri is 1-3 all-time at Sun Devil Stadium, with the last loss coming to Iowa in last year's Insight Bowl.
- Texas is 0-2 all-time vs. BYU, with the last loss coming in 1988. BYU won 22-17 in Austin in 1987.
- Arizona State has won four consecutive home games against Big 12 teams.
- Missouri leads the series with Arizona State 3-2, but the two teams haven't met since 1990.
- Last week's crowd of 54,672 at the Iowa State-Northern Iowa game was the largest crowd for a season opener in ISU history and fourth-biggest crowd in program history.
- Kansas and Northern Illinois have played just once. UNI beat KU, 37-34, in Lawrence in 1983.
- Under coach Mack Brown, Texas has posted Top 10 finishes seven times in the past decade. Prior to his arrival, the last time UT finished in the Top 10 was 1983.
- Kansas is 7-6 vs. MAC opponents.
- Iowa State linebacker A.J. Klein's two interceptions returned for touchdowns are tied for the career high in ISU history.
- Missouri has a 22-game nonconference winning streak on the line against the Sun Devils, dating back to 2005.
- Iowa State punter Kirby Van Der Kamp enters Saturday's game with a punt average of 51.2 yards per kick, the most in the Big 12 and fifth-most nationally.
- Kansas is 23-4 against its past 27 non-Big 12 opponents, with wins over Virginia Tech, Minnesota and Houston.
- Iowa State linebacker Jake Knott is tied for the Big 12 lead in tackles, with 15. Kansas' Steven Johnson also has 15, but no other Big 12 players has more than 11.
- During fall camp, Texas had 20 days of temperatures of at least 100 degrees.
- Texas is 34-22 against top 25 opponents under Mack Brown.
- Mack Brown teams at Texas have erased second-half deficits to win 24 times in 13 seasons.