Thursday, September 22, 2011
Lunch links: Piecing Big 12 together
By ESPN.com staff
I guess this is just one thing we'll never know, like what happened to the Titanic.
- Jake Trotter of SoonerNation gets you caught up on the Pac-12/Big 12 mess if you've lost track over the past couple days.
- Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star examines what Dan Beebe's resignation would mean, and reminisces about the time Beebe took a look at Fake Dan Beebe on Twitter.
- Oklahoma sources say it wanted to stay in the Big 12 all along and used the Pac-12 for leverage. You buying it? Jenni Carlson of The Oklahoman says the true litmus test is coming.
- Texas doesn't sound like it plans to budge on sharing Longhorn Network revenue, and the A&M rivalry may officially be going bye-bye soon.
- Order is restored in the Big 12: Oklahoma is back to being one of Texas' toadies, writes Richard Justice of the Houston Chronicle.
- Oklahoma should be embarrassed after Texas A&M showed it how to deal with Texas, writes Randy Galloway of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Iowa State has sold more season tickets than ever this year.
- Larry Scott offered some insight into the Pac-12's decision not to expand with colleague Ted Miller.
- Dennis Dodd of CBSSports.com laments realignment's consequence: Killing traditions.
- I talked some Big 12 expansion and where the league sits with Bernie Miklasz of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
- Mac Engel of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram is applying to become the new Big 12 commissioner.
- The Big 12 refuses to die, writes Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman.
- Gary Pinkel went on the radio on Wednesday and expressed his displeasure with the Big 12 again.
- Could Texas be looking for a new QB for next season?
- Former Missouri running back Derrick Washington, suspended and kicked off the team just before last season, was found guilty on a sexual assault charge and faces up to seven years in prison.
- You need a translator for all this Big 12 code talking, writes Marc Hansen of the Des Moines Register.
- Texas Tech will be wearing its camo jerseys against Oklahoma State to honor Wounded Warrior.
- Missouri's board of curators will meet on Thursday.
- Are Kenny Stills and Ryan Broyles the best 1-2 punch at receiver in the country?
- Texas Tech administrators confirmed on Wednesday that they were heading to the Pac-12 if the rest of their Big 12 compadres did the same, reports Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- Oklahoma fullback and Columbia, Mo., native Trey Millard caught some flack from his Missouri fan friends for last year's loss. His response? Flashing his Big 12 title ring.