Tuesday, November 1, 2011
Lunch links: Special visitor at Oklahoma St.
By ESPN.com staff
I can guarantee your Halloween costume wasn't better than this.
- How did Kevin Durant end up at a flag football game on Oklahoma State's intramural field? Anthony Slater of the Daily O'Collegian caught up with the man who made it happen. Some sweet photos of the event here. A solid video here, too.
- So much for a short timeline on Mizzou to the SEC. Chancellor Brady Deaton isn't headed to India today as planned.
- A move to the SEC means an examination of whether Missouri is a Southern state, writes Alison Matas of the Columbia Missourian. Story complete with quotes from one of my favorite professors from back at Mizzou, resident sociologist/snake hunter Wayne Brekhus.
- Texas A&M endured a rough loss Saturday, but coach Mike Sherman says there's no time to wallow, writes Brent Zwerneman of the San Antonio Express-News.
- Oklahoma will unveil a statue of Barry Switzer on Saturday. The Sooners will likely get two big starters back, and running back Dominique Whaley will be placed on scholarship.
- Don't look now, but Texas is a win away from getting back to a bowl game, writes Randy Riggs of the Austin American-Statesman.
- Texas Tech may be starting a former wide receiver at cornerback for the first time on Saturday. Interesting.
- Who helped Oklahoma State build a defensive reputation for forcing turnovers? None other than Pete Carroll, writes Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman.
- Mike DeArmond of the Kansas City Star tracks the progress of Missouri corner E.J. Gaines.
- There's more on the line than you might think in Saturday's game between Iowa State and Kansas, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.