Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Lunch links: What didn't work for Gilbert?
By ESPN.com staff
If this nation wants to impress its future Chinese overlords, it needs to get its priorities straight.
- Seeing the product of their work is a lot of fun for Oklahoma State's offensive linemen, writes John Helsley of The Oklahoman.
- Kevin Durant made headlines for showing up to play some flag football at OSU. Could Blake Griffin do the same at OU? Some OU players would love for it to happen, writes Travis Haney of The Oklahoman.
- Cedric Golden of the Austin American-Statesman wonders what went wrong for Garrett Gilbert at Texas. Will it be right at SMU?
- Get used to the Belldozer. It's going to be around for awhile at Oklahoma.
- Andrew Wagaman of the Columbia Missourian looks at Mizzou QB James Franklin's mean running style, in contrast with his personality.
- Jared Barnett's father, a coach, has helped him develop as the new quarterback at Iowa State.
- Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle profiles K-State's kick return sensation, Tyler Lockett.
- Coach Mike Gundy says Justin Blackmon should go pro at the end of the year, reports Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman.
- Kansas is looking past last week's ugly loss and into the future, writes Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Texas Tech safety Jared Flannel finally got his shot, and he's making the most of it, writes Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.