Wednesday, September 23, 2009
Big 12 links: Can't the KU football and basketball teams get along?
By ESPN.com staff
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin
Here are a few Big 12 links to get you through the lunch hour.
- Lawrence Journal-World columnist Tom Keegan writes that it’s time to call a truce between Kansas’ feuding basketball and football teams.
- The Boulder Camera’s Neill Woelk advocates thinking about a change -- both in terms of opposition and playing dates -- for Colorado’s made-for-television schedule.
- Bob Stoops tells the Oklahoman’s Jake Trotter that he’s not ready to speculate when Sam Bradford will return to the lineup.
- Iowa State’s emerging running game will test Army, the Ames Tribune’s Bobby La Gesse reports.
- Baylor’s loss to Connecticut has slapped the program back into reality as it prepares for Saturdays’ game against Northwestern State, John Werner of the Waco Tribune-Herald reports.
- The Tulsa World’s Matt Baker catches up with Oklahoma State redshirt freshman punter Quinn Sharp, who has provided the Cowboys with a punting upgrade over Ray Guy winner Matt Fodge from last season.
- The Topeka Capital-Journal’s Kevin Haskin wonders if Kansas State coach Bill Snyder felt like he was coming from, or going to work, when the Wildcats returned home around 5:45 a.m. Sunday from their trip to UCLA.
- The Lincoln Journal-Star’s Steve Sipple wonders how good Nebraska quarterback Zac Lee really is after his struggles last week at Virginia Tech.
- Soft-spoken Texas middle linebacker Roddrick Muckelroy is emerging as the Longhorns’ key defensive player, Alan Trubow of the Austin American-Statesman reports.
- The San Antonio Express-News’ Brent Zwerneman advises fans to bring plenty of repellent to Texas A&M's game Saturday night against UAB after recent rains have caused an infestation of thousands of bugs at Kyle Field.