Friday, December 9, 2011
Lunch links: Weis reaction, Richt to A&M?
By ESPN.com staff
There’s nothing we can’t do if we work hard, never sleep, and shirk all other responsibilities in our lives.
- Texas A&M is indeed targeting Georgia coach Mark Richt, writes Brent Zwerneman of the San Antonio Express-News.
- Michael Weinreb of Grantland profiles RG3 on a Halloween campus visit, where he talks about eliminating the Baylor bubble, his faith and future in the NFL.
- Kansas' hire of Charlie Weis may sell tickets, but it brings about tons of questions, writes Kevin Haskin of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- It looks like a desperate move, writes Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star.
- It's crazy. It's unthinkable. It might work, writes Dennis Dodd of CBS Sports.
- The task ahead of him? The difficult work of turning second-tier talent into first-tier results, writes Paul Myerberg of Pre-Snap Read.
- It's the sexy hire, but it's not the smart hire, writes Bill Reiter of FoxSports.com.
- His third college try will have to be his best, writes Blair Kerkhoff of the Kansas City Star.
- His brutal honesty will require players that aren't sensitive, writes Jayson Jenks of the Topeka Capital-Journal.
- Could Jim Leavitt be coming to KU as the defensive coordinator? Tom Keegan of the Lawrence Journal-World tosses out the idea.
- One Oklahoma State fan injured in Saturday night's celebration regrets rushing the field, writes Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman. He ironically suffered the same injury as Sam Bradford did in his junior year.
- It looks like Iowa State OC Tom Herman is headed to Ohio State to join Urban Meyer's staff.
- Iowa State linebacker A.J. Klein didn't believe it when his dad told him he'd been voted co-Big 12 Defensive Player of the Year, reports Bobby La Gesse of the Ames Tribune.
- The Pinstripe Bowl will probably be a road game for the Cyclones, though.
- Texas A&M interim coach Tim DeRuyter is trying to hold the team together.