Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Links: RG3 takes on Letterman's Top Ten
By ESPN.com staff
The forgotten "Top Ten" entry: "Does this mean I get to keep Joy and Lady as pets?"
- Here's Heisman winner Robert Griffin III with the Top Ten on David Letterman last night. It's the "Top Ten Thoughts that Went Through Robert Griffin III's Mind When He Won" The best: "Time to focus on my next goal: A Latin Grammy."
- Nick Begley of CNBC went on a search for RG3's Superman Socks, and they proved elusive. Not unlike Superman himself, I suppose.
- That Heisman is driving up Alamo Bowl ticket sales, too.
- Mike Gundy? The man is about to get paid! Gina Mizell of the Oklahoman reports.
- Texas A&M hired Kevin Sumlin and made history for all the right reasons, writes Cedric Golden of the Austin American-Statesman.
- If you're looking for affordable tickets to the Cotton Bowl, you may be out of luck, writes Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle.
- Former Notre Dame QB Dayne Crist was at KU this weekend, and now he's visiting Wisconsin and Delaware, reports Brian Hamilton of the Chicago Tribune.
- There's another QB on the market now, though. Conference USA Freshman of the Year Jeff Godfrey is transferring from UCF.
- Iowa State's senior class has already made history, writes Andrew Logue of the Des Moines Register.
- Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World offers a few updates on how Charlie Weis has spent his first few days as KU coach, including putting his staff together. He's already earned the respect of Bill Self.
- Jimmy Burch of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram checks in from Kevin Sumlin's introductory news conference at Texas A&M.
- Vahe Gregorian checks up on Missouri's latest dual-sport athlete, tight end/forward Andrew Jones.
- Oklahoma RB Roy Finch was cited by police for breaking a friend's laptop.