Tuesday, December 27, 2011
Lunch links: UT aims to extend Mack Brown
By ESPN.com staff
The mascot unintentional comedy bar has been set. Go forth and be merry, fur friends.
AdvoCare V100 Independence Bowl: Missouri 41, North Carolina 24
- Texas is putting together a contract extension to put to rest rumors of Mack Brown retiring.
- One of the Big 12's biggest talkers, Oklahoma linebacker Travis Lewis, has gone silent this year. John Hoover of the Tulsa World tries to find out why, and traces when it started.
- The Longhorns matchup with Cal could have been a preview of post-Armageddon college football. It isn't, and that's for the best. Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman lists the reasons why.
- One Iowa State fan is traveling 6,700 miles to see the Cyclones play in New York City.
- Hey! Montee Ball needs seven touchdowns in the Rose Bowl to break Barry Sanders' single-season record, not two like most think, writes Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman. The NCAA better man up.
- Speaking of manning up, this is Kenny Stills' chance to prove he can be the guy for Oklahoma, writes Travis Haney of The Oklahoman.
- Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World checks in on Charlie Weis' search for a defensive coordinator.
- The Pinstripe Bowl matches a pair of coaches loyal to their cores, writes Andrew Logue of the Des Moines Register.