Friday, December 30, 2011
Lunch links: NYSE hosts the Cyclones
By ESPN.com staff
Baylor may have never deprived so many people of so much sleep.
- Sam Mellinger of the Kansas City Star names his biggest winners and losers of the year. Bill Snyder and Dan Beebe make appearances.
- There's plenty of reason to believe Iowa State will win the Pinstripe Bowl, writes Marc Hansen of the Des Moines Register.
- Three OSU Cowboys' plans Friday night will be different because of Austin Box's death, writes Jenni Carlson of The Oklahoman. Their lives have been different since his death, too.
- Look for TCU to play Texas on Thanksgiving next year, writes Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Bobby La Gesse of the Ames Tribune talks to the Cyclones about a memorable day ringing the bell on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange.
- After a grandiose finale, Robert Griffin III should go to the NFL, writes Jimmy Burch of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- The friendship between the coaches changes the dynamics of Friday night's Insight Bowl, writes Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman.
- For Texas, 8-5 sounds a whole lot better than 7-6, writes colleague Ivan Maisel.
- How optimistic can you be if you're a Texas fan? Mike Finger of the San Antonio Express-News covers it.
- Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle tells the tale of Kansas State's band's crazy trip to New York for last year's Pinstripe Bowl. They're hoping it's much easier this year.
- Oklahoma State is investigating possible violations for players who may have had drinks bought for them, or sold bowl gifts and guest passes to games.
- Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman writes about OSU tackle Levy Adcock's mullet -- and his on-field acumen as the anchor of the Big 12's best line.