Wednesday, January 4, 2012
Lunch links: Post-Fiesta Bowl drama
By David Ubben
Email of the day: Brad in Nair, Iowa writes: Why no bowl games on New Years Day?! Everyone has day off it would be a high viewing day?! It's tradition and nothing this year?!.........Big Disappointment!!!
David Ubben: Curse you, Gregorians.
- The "all-purpose" label doesn't fit anyone better than Collin Klein, writes Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle.
- I hope you're ready for Oklahoma to have its own network. It's coming soon, writes John Ourand and Michael Smith of the Sports Business Journal.
- Could Mike Sherman land as the new Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach? Your thoughts, Aggies?
- Be thankful Mike Gundy has guts others on his coaching staff did not, Pokes. He put the game in the hands of his two best players, writes Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman.
- Future Texas back Johnathan Gray has a whole lot in common with his dad, writes colleague Mitch Sherman.
- Oklahoma State's game against Kansas State? It could have had a very, very different finish. It maybe should have.
- The TV ratings for the Fiesta Bowl were way, way up, as you might expect.
- John Helsley of The Oklahoman takes you to Stillwater's airport, where Cowboys fans waited to welcome their Big 12 champions on Tuesday.
- Missouri AD Mike Alden will meet with Kansas City officials to discuss the school's presence in the city, reports Mike DeArmond of the Kansas City Star.
- Defensive coordinator Chad Glasgow left Texas Tech, but he's sticking around the Big 12, reports Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal reports that another former Tommy Tuberville assistant was in Lubbock this week.
- Oklahoma State's newest QB confirmed he's coming to campus next week and will go through spring drills.
- K-State's unveiling a $75 million upgrade to Bill Snyder Family Stadium this week.