Tuesday, February 21, 2012
Lunch links: TCU fallout, Big 12 expansion
By ESPN.com staff
It can't be appendicitis. I eat more than enough bacon.
- The Big 12 is happy at 10 members, but Oklahoma and Oklahoma State are open to expansion, writes John Klein of the Tulsa World.
- If it happens, though? Don't expect the Big 12 to move until it has a new commissioner. Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman offers some thoughts on the search. And about those playoff rumblings? College football's biggest problem isn't a Big Ten roadblock.
- Will this scandal affect TCU in the long term? A few experts say no, writes Jimmy Burch of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. (FWIW, I'd agree. The gravity and breadth of the scandal aren't quite as deep as once thought, based on what we know now.) Burch also writes that Heisman winner Robert Griffin III has more doubters and questions to answer at this week's combine.
- RG3 signed with Adidas, and here's his first commercial. Pretty well done.
- This week's NFL combine will tell a lot about Oklahoma linebacker Ronnell Lewis' future, writes Travis Haney of The Oklahoman.
- Griffin moved his pro day to March 21, a day before Stanford's Andrew Luck.
- Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman says TCU's handling of its recent drug scandal deserves accolades.
- Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal profiles DT Delvon Simmons, a big-time recruit who struggled in a quiet freshman season for Texas Tech.
- A few Big 12 talents made the two-star (or less) recruits All-American team from Andy Staples of SI.com.