Wednesday, February 29, 2012
Results from the NFL combine's final day
By David Ubben
The NFL combine wrapped on Tuesday, but here's a quick look at how the defensive backs did on the final day of workouts.
Jamell Fleming, CB, Oklahoma
Markelle Martin, S, Oklahoma State
- 40-yard dash: 4.53 seconds (12th among CBs)
- 225-pound bench press: 23 reps (second among CBs)
Johnny Thomas, S, Oklahoma State
- 225-pound bench press: 19 reps (T-6 among safeties)
- 40-yard dash: 4.63 seconds (12th among safeties)
- 225-pound bench press: 20 reps (T-4 among safeties)
One quick thought from our scout, Steve Muench:
- At 5-10 and 206, former Oklahoma State S Johnny Thomas appeared to be in excellent shape despite missing the 2011 season because of an eligibility issue, and he moved well in space. He also flashed above-average ball skills and even made a nice one-handed catch with his right hand, but he appeared to lose focus and dropped a pass late. In addition, he had to restart a drill.