Thursday, April 5, 2012
Lunch links: Revisiting WVU's Orange Crush
By David Ubben
Final leg of the trip today.
- The Dallas City Council unanimously endorsed a move to spend $25.5 million on upgrades to the Cotton Bowl.
- Remember the WVU player who pummeled the Orange Bowl mascot in the Mountaineers' big win over Clemson? Well, even if you didn't see it, it happened. And Dave Hickman of the Charleston Gazette rehashes the embarrassing incident. (The orange was a girl, by the way.)
- Oklahoma missed out on the nation's top quarterback on Wednesday night, after he committed to USC.
- Juco linebacker Josh Francis had a tough first year at WVU. He's back and ready for a better outcome this spring, writes Mitch Vingle of the Charleston Gazette.
- Oklahoma State receiver Tracy Moore is impressing after moving outside, writes Gina Mizell of The Oklahoman.
- Iowa State players made a visit to a children's hospital this week.
- Tavon Austin had a big year in Morgantown, but it wasn't enough. Coach Dana Holgorsen wants more, writes Bob Hertzel of the Times West Virginian.
- Bill Haisten of the Tulsa World gets in touch with the center of OSU's recent offensive success.
- Baylor's recent rise is nothing short of magical, punctuated by a national championship, writes Chuck Carlton of the Dallas Morning News.