Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Lunch links: Ranking the Big 12 QBs
By ESPN.com staff
For those of you who filled me in on the Dutch Baby, thanks. I'll be taking the plunge later this week.
- Oklahoma State had its first scrimmage of the spring on Monday, and the defense "dominated." There's no front-runner in the QB race yet, but Bill Haisten of the Tulsa World says true freshman Wes Lunt is still a factor.
- Athlon is ranking the Big 12 quarterbacks, and I'm sure you'll all agree with the order of every single selection.
- Trey Millard might be Oklahoma's best player, and he's the Sooners most underutilized, writes Jenni Carlson of The Oklahoman.
- What does James Sims' suspension mean for KU? Matt Tait of the Lawrence Journal-World weighs in and says we may not hear from Sims for awhile.
- WVU running back Shawne Alston may be filling in for Dustin Garrison this spring, but he believes he can be an every-down back, writes Dave Hickman of the Charleston Gazette.
- Former Kansas assistant Vic Shealy has himself a head-coaching job, the first ever at Houston Baptist.
- Oklahoma State linebacker Caleb Lavey looks back on a memorable 2011 season in Stillwater.
- Are you skeptical that a playoff is still coming? Texas A&M AD Bill Byrne is, too, writes colleague Ivan Maisel.
- Dana Holgorsen weighs in on the move to the Big 12.
- TEXAS TECH CHESS SCANDAL. I repeat, TEXAS TECH CHESS SCANDAL.