Monday, September 10, 2012
Lunch links: New Big 12 deal possibilities
By David Ubben
TCU delivered its game ball on Saturday via jet pack? Ridiculous. How did I miss this until now? Kudos, Frogs.
- You'll want to see this eye-opening quote from former Texas DC Will Muschamp from halftime of Florida's win over Texas A&M. You'll learn a lot about the Longhorns' recent failures.
- Josh Hafner of the Des Moines Register tells you the story of a family split down the middle by the Cy-Hawk rivalry.
- Baylor's trying to expand, and the Big 12's new TV deal gives the Bears the ability to do it, writes John Werner of the Waco Tribune-Herald. Ground breaking for BU's new stadium will be at halftime of Saturday's game.
- Texas A&M's billboard in Austin was vandalized this weekend, presumably by some folks with ties to UT.
- Texas found a shiny new toy on offense, now it's time for the Longhorns to see what he can do, writes Mark Rosner of the Austin American-Statesman.
- It looks bad for KU now, but the Jayhawks can't give up on the season this early, writes Tom Keegan of the Lawrence Journal-World.
- Oklahoma and Oklahoma State learned valuable lessons in the desert in the season's opening weeks, writes Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman.
- TCU got off to the perfect start to begin its Big 12 journey, writes Gil LeBreton of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle rewinds a memorable rout for Kansas State over Miami.
- Oklahoma State defensive coordinator Bill Young is back in the office after missing time with an illness, but only after his unit failed to live up to expectations in a loss.
- Penn State transfer Justin Brown has found a new home in Oklahoma, full of new surprises, writes Stephanie Kuzydym of The Oklahoman.
- There's plenty of old-man football in the Big 12. The Big 12's elder coaches keep overachieving, writes Tim Griffin of the San Antonio Express-News.
- Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal has five key developments for Texas Tech in its second game.
- TCU enjoyed a big win on Saturday, but now is trying to keep from being overconfident, writes Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Mike Casazza of the Charleston Daily Mail introduces you to Dustin Garrison's secret weapon in trying to return from a knee injury.