Tuesday, September 11, 2012
Lunch links: Top league so far? Big 12
By David Ubben
- Oklahoma State defensive coordinator Bill Young is back (sort of). Can he fix the Cowboys' defensive woes? John Helsley of The Oklahoman talks to him about what it's like to listen to his team on the radio, because he couldn't get the Pac-12 Network.
- Paul Myerberg of Pre-Snap Read says the Big 12 has been the best conference so far this season.
- It takes a bit of reader inference, but West Virginia coach Dana Holgorsen took a not-so-veiled shot at in-state rival Marshall on Monday. What's Saturday's game mean for James Madison? Mike Casazza of the Charleston Daily Mail explains.
- Enjoy the wins, but don't take too much meaning in Texas Tech's nonconference routs, writes Don Williams of the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.
- Texas has gotten away with slow starts this year, but Big 12 offenses will make the Horns pay if they're not fixed, writes Cedric Golden of the Austin American-Statesman.
- What's it like to score your first career touchdown as a senior? Texas Tech safety Cody Davis explains in his blog.
- What's the deal with Roy Finch trying to earn more playing time? The coaches want him to "buy in."
- Kansas State QB Collin Klein is becoming more and more like his coach, Bill Snyder.
- Oklahoma receiver/punt returner Justin Brown looks like Mike Tyson punched him in the chest, according to OU offensive coordinator Jay Norvell.
- Baylor coach Art Briles didn't see Robert Griffin III's Sunday debut, but shared his thoughts on the breakout game.
- Another big win, and Iowa State coach Paul Rhoads' aura continues to grow, writes Andrew Logue of the Des Moines Register.
- Kansas lost a linebacker on Saturday for the season because of a knee injury.
- Here are five things you need to know about Baylor's matchup against Sam Houston State on Saturday.
- West Virginia's got no plans for a new stadium, contrary to rumors swirling around the state.
- Jason Kersey of The Oklahoman took another look at Oklahoma's win on Saturday. Here's what he saw.
- All-time photo of Paul Rhoads here. Even better considering the game's eventual result.
- Baylor was bored on Saturday, but still trying to improve and prepare for Sam Houston State, writes John Werner of the Waco Tribune-Herald.