Monday, October 26, 2009
Three Big 12 QBs among O'Brien semifinalists
By David Ubben
Posted by ESPN.com's Tim Griffin
Texas' Colt McCoy, Kansas' Todd Reesing and Oklahoma State's Zac Robinson are among 15 semifinalists who were named today for the Davey O'Brien National Quarterback Award for the best college football quarterback.
The Big 12 had more semifinalists chosen (3) than any other conference.
Here's a list of the semifinalists:
- Matt Barkley, fr., USC
- Daryll Clark, sr., Penn State
- Jimmy Clausen, jr., Notre Dame
- Jacory Harris, soph., Miami
- Case Keenum, jr., Houston
- Dan LeFevour, sr., Central Michigan
- Jake Locker, jr., Washington
- Colt McCoy, sr., Texas
- Kellen Moore, soph., Boise State
- Tony Pike, sr., Cincinnati
- Todd Reesing, sr., Kansas
- Zac Robinson, sr., Oklahoma State
- Ricky Stanzi, jr., Iowa
- Bill Stull, sr., Pittsburgh
- Tim Tebow, sr., Florida.
Finalists will be announced on Nov. 23. The 2009 O'Brien winner will be announced live on The Home Depot ESPNU College Football Awards Show airing Dec. 10 on ESPN.