Monday, October 15, 2012
Lunch links: Diagnosing Texas' issues
By David Ubben
Sweep the leg, Herschel!
- All kinds of alarming questions showed up for Texas in the Red River Rivalry, writes Jen Engel of Fox Sports.
- Was West Virginia tipping off its plays to Texas Tech on Saturday? Bob Hertzel of the Times West Virginian writes about the possibility.
- Does DC Manny Diaz have the elixir to fix what ails the Texas defense? Cedric Golden of the Austin American-Statesman weighs in. And what about Mack Brown's job security?
- With the win, Oklahoma's once again a hot item in the world of college football, writes Stephanie Kuzydym of The Oklahoman.
- Colleague Ivan Maisel pegs Tommy Tuberville's key to success on Saturday.
- Kirk Bohls of the Austin American-Statesman looks at more of what ails Texas and has an apology for Oklahoma and TCU.
- From Berry Tramel of The Oklahoman: Big 12 teams are just 3-10 at home this season in league play.
- Stefan Stevenson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram takes a long look at the changing tides at TCU after a win at Baylor.
- West Virginia says it's not ready for the prime time yet, reports Jenn Menendez of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.
- Here are five developments for Texas Tech in its win over West Virginia.
- Kansas' quarterback change could help more than just the passing game, writes Tom Keegan of the Lawrence Journal-World. That change may end up being permanent. Michael Cummings will get a shot, Charlie Weis says.
- Kellis Robinett of the Wichita Eagle looks back with a comprehensive review of K-State's 27-21 win over Iowa State.
- Baylor's loss to TCU? Art Briles called it humbling and embarrassing, reports Savannah Pullin of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.
- Nick Florence looked like the new QB, not TCU's Trevone Boykin, writes Will Parchman of the Waco Tribune-Herald.
- Saturday's loss to Kansas State hasn't discouraged new Iowa State QB Jared Barnett, writes Andrew Logue of the Des Moines Register.
- The Cowboys' loss last season is fresh on the minds of Oklahoma State players, writes John Helsley of The Oklahoman. And what the heck happened to Oklahoma State's offense?
- John Werner of the Waco Tribune-Herald sees how unpredictable the Big 12 is this season.